Monday, January 5, 2009

Rebelution is a California based reggae group formed in 2004. The group was form by the bassist Marley D. Williams. He hand selected the rest which include vocalist/guitarist Eric Rachmany, keyboardist Rory Carey and drummer Wesley Finley. The group has grown most popular with the college kids and has recently been selected as iTunes Editors Choice for Best Reggae Album of 2007. The song I choose to look at is “What I know” because I feel that it best represents my theme of struggle in reggae. The bands mission to spread positivity, unity and awareness to any and all who will listen that is in a state of struggle.
The song "what i know" is a braud statement used to state what the average person truly knows. In this song an example of a literary term being used is "Everybody seems to be selling out their souls for the fame We fucking love sex drugs and rock and roll". This is a hyperbole because you cant actually sell your soul for these thing it is just an exzadurration. Another example of this "Straight from my heart I will spill every word andAll I wanna do is live a life that's certain". In my opinion this is good new reggae band.

No comments: